Obtaining a Ballot By Mail
You must be a registered voter at your current address in the Village of Germantown to request an absentee ballot by mail. All requests for an Absentee Ballot must be in writing by the elector. Use the Application for Absentee Ballot or write an email or letter requesting an absentee ballot be mailed to you. The application must be received by the Clerk no later than 5:00 p.m. on the Thursday before the election in order for an absentee ballot to be mailed to you .
Any written requests must include the following information:
- Name of the registered voter requesting the absentee ballot
- The address to which you are registered to vote in the Village of Germantown
- The address where the ballot should be sent, if different than your residence
- The signature of the registered voter requesting the absentee ballot. Signature is not required for email requests.
- If you have not previously provided a copy of photo ID, photo ID must accompany the request. For the full list of acceptable photo ID visit http://bringit.wi.gov.
Village of Germantown
N112 W17001 Mequon Road
P.O. Box 337
Germantown, WI 53022-0337
The completed ballot must be received by the Clerk's Office no later than 8:00 p.m. on Election Day. A ballot may be delivered directly to the polling place prior to 8:00 p.m. on Election Day.
Deadline for Returning an Absentee Ballot
In Office Absentee Voting
Absentee voting in the Clerk's Office begins two weeks before an election, Monday thru Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The deadline for voting an absentee ballot in the Clerk’s Office is 5:00 p.m. on the Friday before Election Day. No ballots may be taken from the Clerk's Office.
Notice of Voting by Absentee Ballot - Partisan Primary
Notice of Absentee Voting Information
Qualifying Care Facility Absentee Voting - Partisan Primary
Ellen's Home South Notice
Engel Haus Notice
Virginia Highlands Notice
Military electors should contact the Office of the Village Clerk regarding the deadlines for requesting or submitting an absentee ballot. The Village Clerk can be reached at 262-250-4740, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or the address listed above.