The Christ Church Parsonage

Christ Church Parsonage


W188N12838 Maple Road

In 1897 the congregation of Christ Evangelical Church purchased half an acre of land from Valentine Wolf’s widow for the purpose of building a house near the church for use as its official parsonage. They contracted to build this Victorian style home in 1898 for the price of $1,465.00. Originally gas lighting was used and then in 1925 electricity modernized the home. A closed porch was added in 1935 and an updated heating system was installed in 1940. The parsonage housed a succession of pastors until it became a private residence in 1968. In 2001 a two story addition was added to the south elevation and the original carriage house has since been restored. 

This home received Germantown’s Historic Designation in 2008.